Take the #GajiSehariChallenge with us today!
It is hard not to be overwhelmed by all that is happening as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. The implications on the lives of many and our country is hard to imagine.
For some, we are blessed with the continuation of work, income and savings – and with that comes the opportunity to help those in need. Our collective action has the potential to ease the burden of frontliners, the underserved and even animals dependent on us.
Want to help, but don’t know how or where to start, how much to give, or how to spread the word? Join the #GajiSehariChallenge, an initiative by fellow Malaysian and Women’s Aid Organisation advocacy manager Yu Ren Chung. Three easy steps are all it takes:
- Pick a charity, NGO or initiative of your choice from kitajagakita.com.
- Pledge to donate 1 day’s salary, and tag 3 friends on your social media accounts to do the same.
Prominent Malaysian figures have also taken up the #GajiSehariChallenge:
- Renowned lawyer Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan
- Social activist Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir
- Well-known columnist and political analyst Karim Raslan
- Jahabar Sadiq of The Malaysian Insight and The Malaysian Insider
- TV and radio personality Melisa Idris
- Dzameer Dzulkifli of Teach for Malaysia
It’s a simple concept, but a powerful one: Just one day’s wages can provide food on the table for a less fortunate family, or go towards helping NGOs stand in the gaps to help vulnerable communities like refugees and victims of domestic abuse.
Let's spread the word and do what we can! #GajiSehariChallenge #KitaJagaKita